My personal mission is to work with you to explore solutions to the problems that are trying to interfere in your life. I believe that clients are capable and have inner strengths and abilities to be able to move through life’s difficulties. My approach is collaborative and I believe that clients are the experts of their own experiences. Together, we will explore new ways for you to respond to life’s challenges. We will also practice tools that can help you to feel grounded, regulate your emotions and have more control over your feelings.
I am passionate about meeting clients where they are and recognize how social, cultural and economic factors can intersect and have an influence on a clients’ lived experience. I love being a therapist! I focus on keeping up with the latest research through books, articles and trainings.
I believe we all have a story and within it are glimmers of hope that can help you uncover strengths that may have been masked by problems.
In addition to being a therapist, I am a mother to an amazing teenage son. I am also a daughter, a sister and friend. In my free time, I enjoy reading books, listening to music, baking, crafting, painting and visiting museums.
In my career as a therapist, I have gained valuable experience in a variety of settings. My therapy career started in behavioral health hospitals. I worked in both inpatient and outpatient hospital settings. I provided therapy to adults and families. I had the opportunity to transition into a leadership role as a director in two departments. I transitioned from those roles into community mental health where I had the opportunity to work with teens, adults, couples and families. I launched Mindful Purpose-Guided Counseling Services and have been able to build a practice where I get to help clients promote their emotional wellness and show up as their authentic selves.
- 8 years of clinical experience. Licensed Professional Counselor
- Approved Supervisor for Professional Counselors’ clinical supervision
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor Candidate
- Recognized in DFW Child-Mom Approved Wellness Professional/Therapist- August/Sept 2021
- EMDR Trained with Advanced training in Early Intervention and Ongoing traumatic stress
- Brainspotting Phase I & II Trained
- Co-authored Chapter 18: Supervision in Marriage and Family Therapy for the textbook, Marriage and Family Therapy a Practice Oriented Approach 3rd Edition by Dr. Linda Metcalf (2023).